Valentine’s Day is the celebration oflove, yes… but to love someone else, you must first love yourself! And it’s not Miley Cyrus who will tell us otherwise! “I can give myself flowers” and “take me dancing”, sings the American in her title “Flowers”. Don’t wait for someone to love you, this February 14, celebrate your self-love in different ways, thanks to our selection of activities.
A solo date
When we think of Valentine’s Day, we immediately think of restaurants. But who said that only two people can go there? Not Miley Cyrus, we understood that well. This February 14 is an opportunity to enjoy your own company during a “solo date”. Here are some suggestions for daring to treat yourself alone, for those who are more or less shy.
1. A restaurant in complete darkness. This is ideal if you are not yet comfortable with the idea of sitting alone at the table. Dining in the dark allows you to free yourself from the judgment of others by focusing on your taste experience. Our recommendation: Restaurant “ In the dark » located at 51 rue Quincampoix, 75004 Paris.
2. An intimate restaurant. If you are more afraid of the dark than of the gaze of others, opt for an elegant restaurant, but with few tables. An address with few cutlery will be friendlier and less noisy, therefore less socially stressful. Our recommendation: Restaurant “ The Little Park »14 Rue De Thann in Paris.
3. A luxury restaurant. You’re not afraid of anything? Take out your best outfit and put yourself in the spotlight for an evening in the restaurant that (really) pleases you. And you don’t necessarily need to empty the piggy bank. Yes Yes ! You can even treat yourself to a table at the Prince de Galles palace restaurant for less than 50 euros. Our recommendation: Restaurant le 19.20 au Prince de Galles located at 33 avenue George V, 75008 Paris.
A moment of well-being
“You are never better served than by yourself.” So instead of giving a (very) forced smile when you’re given a gift that’s a little embarrassing or not very interesting, you might as well choose it and buy it alone this year. Moroccan hammam, body massage, mental relaxation, thalassotherapy… There are many ideas, but finding it is another matter. Fortunately, there are apps out there looking for us. Our recommendation: A “well-being” or “Valentine’s Day” wonderbox to have all the good addresses near you without having to search.
A unique experience
If roses and boxes of chocolates are too cliché for you, leave the standards behind and try a more unusual gift. Valentine’s Day can be an opportunity to dare fun experiences without systematically waiting to be accompanied.
1. Dance classes. Salsa, bachata, kompa… No need to come as a couple to dance as a couple. To the rhythm you like, learn to move to romantic notes for an evening. It’s also strategic, you can impress your loved one when they show up. Our recommendation: Dance classes at Marseille Danse Academy.
2. If dancing is really not your strong point, focus on using your hands rather than your feet. Try a painting or pottery class to express your emotions differently than saying “I love you.” Our recommendation: Ceramic art classes at La Papoterie located at 13 rue Ternaux, Paris 11th.