Biathlon: the XXL performance of Julia Simon, who retains her title in the pursuit
And three for Julia Simon ! The Frenchwoman, already titled in the opening mixed relay, then in the sprint on Friday, did it again this Sunday during the pursuit, to win an impressive third gold medal in three events.
The Savoyard won brilliantly, at 19/20 against the targets, and retained her title by winning in front of the Italian Lisa Vittozzi. The tricolors are still well represented on the podium, with third place in Justine Braisaz-Bouchetwhile Sophie Chauveaufourth, and Lou Jeanmonnotsixth, took part in the flower ceremony.
On the other side of the Alps, if we are delighted with the silver medal of Lisa Vittozzi in the spans of the Vysočina Arena, Fondo Italia takes his hat off to the double pursuit world champion: “Twelve months after Oberhof, Julia Simon is once again the title holder of the pursuit”headlined the Italian newspaper.
If the Norwegians still finished far from the podium, the national media were not stingy with their praise for the biathlete from Les Saisies.
“No one could do anything against the French Julia Simon, who won her third consecutive gold medal in these world championships”tell Dagbladet in his report.
The legend of Norwegian biathlon, Ole Einar Bjoerndalentoday consultant for TV2was captivated by the Frenchwoman’s performance: “It’s absolutely sickening what she’s doing to the shooting. She is in a class of her own. It shoots well and at high speed all the time. It is superb “he exclaimed during the race.
“After a frenetic pace of shooting and 19 blank targets out of 20 possible, there was no doubt: Julia Simon can boast of being world champion for the fifth time in her career – and the third time in this championship alone »greeted for his part VG.
In Sweden, fifth place Hanna Oeberg enraged the Scandinavian newspapers, passed not far from the box. The Swede, nevertheless very far from first place, was unable to do anything in the face of the Frenchwoman’s demonstration, as written Längd in its columns.
“Julia Simon was completely superior today [dimanche], getting closer to the title of queen of these world championships. Today she won her third consecutive gold medal and was so superior that she was able to high-five her staff in the final lap.”.
“Julia Simon won the mixed relay, the sprint and now the pursuit. The Frenchwoman started in the lead and had no problem keeping it until the end”applauds for his part SportBladet.
Finally, the Czechs, happy to see Marketa Davidova in the top 10, did not fail to pay tribute to the performance of Julia Simonwhich joins Marie Dorin-Habert in the pantheon of French biathlon.
“Third race, third gold medal. Frenchwoman Julia Simon continues to shine at the biathlon world championships so far. In Sunday’s pursuit, she made good use of her position from Friday’s sprint and won the world champion title with a lead of 46 seconds. »concludes Sport.
- The complete program of the Nove Mesto world championships
- Marine Bolliet: my best memory at… Nove Mesto
- The challenges of the Nove Mesto Worlds with Marie-Laure Brunet
- Tora Berger and Emil Hegle Svendsen four times gold, five medals for Martin Fourcade, the big first for Dorothea Wierer: what happened the last time the Worlds took place in Nove Mesto
- Antonin Guigonnat sidelined, Jeanne Richard retained: the names of the French selected for the world championships in Nove Mesto
- Four French people are already guaranteed to participate in the mass start of the world championships in Nove Mesto
- The distinctive bibs worn during the Nove Mesto Worlds: Julia Simon will be in red on the mass start… but also in red and gold during the pursuit
- To avoid reliving the imbroglio of the Oberhof Worlds on quotas, the IBU has revised its regulations
- Nove Mesto Worlds: during the opening mixed relay, the Blues will try to imitate the 2009 and 2016 world champions
- Nove Mesto: Eric Perrot, Quentin Fillon-Maillet, Justine Braisaz-Bouchet and Julia Simon crowned mixed relay world champions
- “A victory that pleases”: the joy of Simon Fourcade after the world title of the French mixed relay in Nove Mesto
- Eric Perrot, mixed relay gold medalist at the Nove Mesto world championships: “I’m really happy”
- Nove Mesto: the world title of the Blues in the mixed relay seen by the foreign press
- Nove Mesto: Sweden won bronze despite everything
- Nove Mesto: a historic mixed relay for Belgium
- Nove Mesto: Italians in tears comforted by Dorothea Wierer
- The French boys in the game, Julia Simon impressive, the Norwegians in difficulty: the lessons of the opening mixed relay of the Nove Mesto Worlds brilliantly won by the Blues
- Nove Mesto: Jeanne Richard preferred to Gilonne Guigonnat for the world championship sprint
- “We are able to hope for something in absolutely all races”: with the sprint, the start of the Blue harvest at the Nove Mesto Worlds?
- Before the world championships in Nove Mesto, Julia Simon wants to defeat the Indian sign in a sprint: “It’s up to me to put things in place”
- Nove Mesto: Julia Simon crowned world sprint champion ahead of Justine Braisaz-Bouchet and Lou Jeanmonnot, Sophie Chauveau fourth
- Nove Mesto: Julia Simon, the fourth French woman to win world sprint gold
- “It’s downright crazy, science fiction”: a quadruplet that leaves the French staff speechless after the Nove Mesto World Cup sprint
- Nove Mesto: what the foreign media are saying about the French women’s quadruplet in the World Championships sprint
- “She couldn’t stand the pressure”: relegated almost 2 minutes behind Julia Simon, Ingrid Landmark Tandrevold broke down in the sprint
- Nove Mesto: before the French Julia Simon, Justine Braisaz-Bouchet, Lou Jeanmonnot and Sophie Chauveau, they achieved a quadruple at the Worlds
- Nove Mesto: fifth in the sprint behind the French quadruple, Baiba Bendika makes Latvian history four months after becoming a mother
- Nove Mesto: Julia Simon, Justine Braisaz-Bouchet, Lou Jeanmonnot and Sophie Chauveau, the heroines of the World Championships sprint, make the headlines The Team
- The photo album of the fabulous sprint achieved by Julia Simon, Justine Braisaz-Bouchet, Lou Jeanmonnot and Sophie Chauveau during the Nove Mesto world championships
- “Everything is reset”: after the 2023 Worlds without an individual medal, will the Blues return to the podium in Nove Mesto?
- “I remain confident in my ability to achieve something beautiful in a race”: Fabien Claude optimistic before launching his Nove Mesto Worlds
- In Nove Mesto, Johannes Thingnes Boe has several records from Martin Fourcade and Ole Einar Bjoerndalen in his sights
- Nove Mesto: Sturla Holm Lægreid steals the world sprint title from Johannes Thingnes Boe, Eric Perrot excellent fourth
- Nove Mesto: Sturla Holm Lægreid, the golden light at the end of the tunnel
- Nove Mesto: if he misses the medal, Sebastian Samuelsson is not unhappy with his sprint
- “This medal looks like gold”: in the sprint of the Worlds, Vetle Sjaastad Christiansen experienced a great first
- “It’s missing a little bit”: fourth in the sprint at the Nove Mesto Worlds, Eric Perrot didn’t come far from the medal
- Nove Mesto: the Italians still can’t do it on skis
- Emilien Jacquelin’s incredible 16-second standing shot in the Nove Mesto World Championships sprint
- Julia Simon and the French: a continuation of the Nove Mesto Worlds to continue to make history
- Third world gold medal in Nove Mesto for Julia Simon, who retains her pursuit title, Justine Braisaz-Bouchet in bronze
- Nove Mesto: with her pursuit title, Julia Simon joins Marie Dorin-Habert in the Pantheon of French biathlon